Join composer and veteran music educator Paul Corbiere in an unforgettable musical adventure! Using a variety of percussion instruments and global influences, "Skins, Sticks, and Bars: Percussion Ensembles for Elementary and Middle School"is a collection of original pieces guaranteed to get students interested in drum, mallet, and recorder music. Once your students have mastered the individual parts, up the ante in ensemble playing and challenge them to improvise solos.
Background information, playing techniques, and instructional tips are included, as well as a performance CD for guidance and inspiration. Percussion scores are reproducible.
- Oomph – great for beginners
- Pompano – includes a xylophone or barred-instrument section
- Gnarly – great for studying complementary rhythms
- Fire Pit – introduces recorder to the percussion ensemble
- Culpeper Blues – terrific choice for solo improvisation
- Djeat – drummers steal the show on this one
- Blind – features a rock-n-roll groove
- Monkey Dance – a student favorite
- Buena Suerte – a laid-back Rumba groove
- Shere Khan – The Tiger! A showstopper