Founder, co-director and managing principal of Source Consulting Group, K. Solomon Masala is well known for his unique contributions to the field of human development. In his work as a national organizational development consultant, an educator, and youth development consultant, Solomon blends innovative, interactive, kinesthetic processes that guide participants to the deep experience of learning-that-lasts.
1, 2, Let's All Groove! is a resource guide to interactive group drumming and rhythmic activities. Learn to use rhythm and drumming as a tool to enhance academic and social-emotional development. No prior musical experience required! This book details the theory behind using rhythm in education, uses box notation, and connects national learning standards to the activities.
- Introduction to the Groove
- Part 1: Science and Tools
- Chapter 1: Learning Standards and Theory
- Part 2: Activities and Rhythms
- Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Groove Your Groove
- Chapter 3: Activities, Kinesthetic Songs, Percussion Activities
- Chapter 4: Jam Facilitation, Jam Games
- Chapter 5: Djembe Lesson
- Chapter 6: Rhythms and Breaks
- Chapter 7: Box Notation
- Chapter 8: Western Notation
- Part 3: Resources
- Chapter 9: The Tools: Drums and Percussion for Your Kit
- Chapter 10: Musical Resources, Books and DVDs, Web Resources
Important note: Mr. Masala has alerted us that there was a massive break in his website back end and he almost lost all the years of data and resources. He has sent us an updated link to the online materials. If you had purchased this book prior to 5/24/2017 and are unable to access his site, please contact us and we will make sure you get the new site information.