In Creative Dance for All Ages, Anne Green Gilbert gives dance educators a conceptual approach to teaching creative dance, filled with exciting, educational activities. Included are sections on dance fundamentals, helpful hints, exploring the elements of dance, exercises, lessons, and appendices of resources. There is also a web resource included, with 40 printable lesson plans, 4 video segments of sample creative dance classes, and 8 editable forms and templates.
The Music for Creative Dance: Contrast and Continuum CDs, each available separately, work well with this book (items 850219, 850220, 850221 and 850222).
- Fundamentals of Teaching Creative DanceIntroduction to Creative Dance
- Planning and Teaching Your Creative Dance Class
- Developing Your Teaching SkillsWarming Up, Teaching Technique, and Cooling Down
- Locomotor and Nonlocomotor Movements
- Concepts and Sample Lesson Plans
- Body Parts
- Body Shapes
- BalanceSpecialized Lesson Plans
- Appendix A: Teaching Academic Curriculum Using Kinesthetic Intelligence
- Appendix B: Exploring Other Arts Through Dance
- Appendix C: Props
- Appendix D: Music Suggestions
- Appendix E: Model of a Children's Dance Company