This set from the First Steps in Music Series by Peggy Lyman and John Feierabend, includes a DVD, CD and guidebook featuring 20 creative dances set to classical works, from Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals "Swans" to Chopin’s Minute Waltz. The adaptable choreography is for early childhood specialists, elementary music teachers, and dance educators for use with children and adults of all ages and physical abilities.
The movements demonstrated on the DVD reflect both the form and the expressive quality of the music, embodying both John Feierabend's theories of music and Peggy Lyman's belief in the emotional power of gesture.
"Move It!" will lead to an understanding of the organization of movement sequences, exploration of how personal and general space relates to others, and discovering inner feelings, all while connecting to beautifully expressive musical selections and movements.
- Prokofiev - Symphony #1 (Classical) "Gavotte"
- Brahms -Waltz in A Flat
- Satie - Trois Gymnopedie #1
- Respighi - Ancient Airs and Dances Suite No. 3 "Siciliana"
- Prokofiev - Lt. Kije Suite Op. 60 "The Wedding of Kije"
- Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals "Aquarium"
- Dvorak - Humoresque
- Saint-Saens - Carnival of the Animals "Swans"
- Chopin - Minute Waltz
- Beethoven - Bagatelle "Fur Elise"
- Schumann - Traumerei
- Kabalevsky - The Comedians "Pantomime"
- Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite "Anitra's Dance"
- Beethoven - Minuet in G
- Bach - Concerto in E Major BWV 1042"Allegro assai"
- Rameau - Suite and Dances "Premiere et deuxieme"
- Rubinstein - Melody in F Kreisler - Liebesfreud
- Mozart - Sonata in A Major K331 Rondo Alla Turca
- Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2 Op. 84b Montagues and Capulets (Dance of the Knights)