This CD features ten tracks, providing an hour of energetic dance music or a fantastic listening album for anyone who likes their contra dance tunes served hot. The music is structured for dancing with no specific dances in mind.
The songs were selected to supplement the New England Dancing Master's CDs that go along with the Chimes of Dunkirk (815520) and Listen to the Mockingbird (815521) collections and for any other dancing taught in the classroom.
Music is performed by the group "Assembly: Stefan Amidon (percussion), Sam Amidon (fiddle), Keith Murphy (mandolin, guitar), Thomas Bartlett (piano).
- Martin O'Connor/Jenny Picking Cockles 6:26
- Charis (Bartlett)/Fading Light (Murphy)/Up on the Brow (Murphy) 8:34
- Flying Tent (Murphy) 4:30
- Old Favorite/Thomas G (Bartlett)/Ali Farka Toure (Bartlett) 8:12
- Big Red (Phillippe Varlet)/Dairy Reel 6:20
- Hickory Jack (from Luther Stron) 5:32
- On the Danforth (Murphy)/Thomas Shrug March (Bartlett) 7:11
- The Coming Dawn (Murphy)/Thomas Jig (Bartlett) 6:49
- Toast 6:45
- Hughie Traver's/Connelly's 6:51