Listening Resource Kits 1 - 5
By Denise Gagné
Set of 5 Listening Resource Kits - grades 1 through 5. Correlate with the Musicplay curriculum.
Each of the 5 kits includes:
- CD featuring recordings from the CBC (Canada) library
- Classom lessons and activities
- Itercom listening scripts for daily intercom listening (each is used over 5 days)
- Reproducible biographies/ worksheets of major composers that are in each kit
- Rhythm instrument scores to let you play along with listening examples
- Listening maps and bulletin board masters
- Internet references
- Movement activities; scarf, ribbon & cup games and art activities
- A reproducible listening log for students write about what they hear
- Curriculum correlations to other subject areas & suggested readings
- Concert Manners worksheet
Selections are categorized by musical period, form, concepts, and instruments; a chart of listening selections is also included. Teachers are permitted to reproduce the pages in the kits for the use of the students in one school. See items 805040 - 805044 for more detailed information about each kit.