Ready Set Go Orff!
Seasonal Songs, Games and Activities for Primary Grades
by Cristi Cary Miller and Kathlyn Reynolds
Book and digital access code
Using Orff's approach of sing, say, dance, play, this collection gives multiple ways to engage children in active music making. Most of the songs are original compositions with a few traditional or folk melodies. Singing games, Orff barred and unpitched instrumental accompaniments, simple choeorgraphy, and extension ideas are given. Interactive colorful slides assist in learning and playing games. Includes reproducible singer songsheets, step-by-step teaching suggestions, and digital access to projectable song charts with lyrics and interactive activities.
- Name Game
- 'Round the Circle
- Hey Diddle, Diddle (traditional nursery rhyme with new music)
- Pay Allegiance to America (traditional folk song melody)
- Little Turkey in the Woods
- Decorate the Tree
- Season's Greetings
- Sounds of Christmas
- Do You Hear What I Hear?
- Make New Friends (traditional round)
- Do Your Best
- Valentine Rhythms
- Have a Hoppy Day ("Old Brass Wagon" melody)
- Rhythm Rainbow
- We Are Marching Goin' to the Zoo