Recorder: A Creative Squence
By Alan Purdum
The third volume in the Creative Sequence series, Recorder is a sequential curriculum of folk songs, games, and creative student activities to incorporate the soprano recorder into the music classroom. Organized as a ready-to-teach sequence of lessons, this volume is also intended to be a guide for creative music teachers to design their own lessons, and incorporate recorder into their existing sequential curriculum.
- About the Creative Sequence
- A Short History of the Recorder
- The Rational for Teaching Recorder in the Elementary Music Classroom
- Aligning Recorder with Your Creative Sequence
- Recorder Technique Melodic Sequence
- G-E, AG-E, BAG, BAG-D, BAG-ED, D'-BAG-ED, C'A, D'C'A, EDC, G-EDC, AG-EDC, C'AGEDC, F#, Fj-C, F-D, Bb
- Playing in the Second Octave, G'E'D'C', D'E'F'
- Other Possible Sequences
- Writing Your Own Recorder Lessons
- Implementing Recorder into Your Existing Curriculum
- Index of Lessons and Songs
- Glossary Selected