Paul Corbière’s years of experience as a classroom teacher, combined with his skills as a composer are paired to bring you this absolute gem of a supplementary recorder book! Funky grooves provided by the unpitched percussion accompaniments will have your students demanding to play this mix of familiar tunes and original pieces over and over again!
Corbière gives teachers the flexibility to use performance-ready pieces or to create variations that suit the needs of individual classrooms or ensembles. Detailed lessons plans, performance suggestions, and P/A tracks are included as a blueprint for your own unique musical journey.
Arrangements have accompaniment parts for unpitched percussion such as bells, triangles, claves, woodblock, shekere, bongos, high drums, medium drums, low drums, and Orff instruments such as glockenspiel, alto xylophone, alto metallophone, soprano xylophone, bass xylophone and bass bars.
The included CD is enhanced and contains both audio and digital files. The CD will play audio files like any other regular CD in your CD player. To access the digital files, you will need a PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader. Resources include performance tracks, accompaniment tracks, and recorder sheet music with both graphic and standard notation.
- Teaching the Pieces
- Introducing the Music to Your Students
- Teaching the Recorder Parts
- Teaching the Ensemble Parts
- Instrument Substitutions
- Baba Gaga - G, A, B
- Steps Ahead - G, A, B; part two uses D, E, F#, G
- Walk to the Sea - G, A, B, high C
- Snowshoe - E, G, A, B
- Sundown - G, A, B, high D, high E or G, A, B score
- Azure - D, E, G, A, B
- Fried Chicken - D, E, G, A, B, high D
- Swingfish Blues - D, E, G, A, B
- Jingle Bells - G, A, B, high C, high D
- Jolly Old St. Nicholas – D, E, (F#), G, A, B
- The Cave – D, E, F, G, A, high C, high D
- Restore – part one uses D, F, A, B, high C, high D; part two uses D, E, F#, G, A
- Stained Glass – D, E, G, A, B, high C, high D
- Kanisan (Miss Crab) – D, F#, G, A, B, high C, high D
- On the Rock – C, D, E, G, A, B, high C, high D