This collection of lesson ideas from author and educator Katie Grace Miller will make practicing music concepts fun and enjoyable in a whole new way. Using picture books, you can capture children's attention and find creative ways to add music elements. Whether you're teaching fifth graders to play an Orff bordun or helping preschoolers discover the difference between short and long sounds, you will find something to help you in this resource treasure. It includes a CD-ROM with digital files of visuals to use with some of the lessons.
The children's books used in this fantastic resource are available in one convenient bundle (867841)!
Contents: (West Music item numbers are listed before each book title)
Lessons for Little Ones
- 849848 Good News, Bad News
- 848091 Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons
- 843644 The Bear Snores On
- 843500 Little Cloud
- 836131 Up, Down, and Around
- 863314 Baa-Choo!
Lessons for Slightly Bigger Kids
- 843497 Chicken Little
- 845137 Roadwork
- 845138 Demolition!
- 835021 A Frog in the Bog (Dynamics)
- 835021 A Frog in the Bog (Solfege)
- 862912 Farmyard Beat!
- 863315 Mama Built a Little Nest
- 863316 Bear's Loose Tooth
Never Too Old for Children's Literature!
- 841037 The Pout-Pout Fish
- 846096 Ugly Pie
**This section also uses The Straight Line Wonder, which is out of print**