Here is a fun and educational way to celebrate the holidays in your music classroom!
Each chant presents three stepping stones to rhythmic reading: first practice the spoken ostinatos, next transfer to body percussion, and then play on classroom instruments.
The 25 chants may be used in a varitey of ways:
- as aids to teach rhythm and notation,
- as tools to practice musical concepts such as tempo,
- as prompts for classroom discussions using the interesting Did You Know? facts,
- and as exercises to reinforce cross-curricular concepts.
The included Data CD has pdfs of the music notation to print or project. Twenty holidays, the four seasons of the year, and a happy birthday chant are included.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Valentine's Day
- International Women's Day
- Saint Patrick's Day
- Earth Day
- Arbor Day
- Memorial Day
- Flag Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Constitution Day
- Columbus Day
- Election Day
- Happy Birthday