GAMEPLAN Grade 2, Curriculum Book
The second grade lessons start to have partner and small group work. Teachers and students really like the sequential and do-able lessons in this series. - Kathy
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
Each grade level in the GAMEPLAN series includes 35 weeks of lesson plans for the elementary music specialist. This curriculum is organized chronologically through the school year from September to May with four lessons per month each with approximately 60 minutes of activities. GAMEPLAN has organized musical objectives in a logical progression that is educationally sound and developmentally appropriate. GAMEPLAN presents the lessons in a concise format that is practical, easy-to-follow and user-friendly.
Each grade level includes:
- Lessons organized into a logical sequence
- Yearly plan categorizing objectives in 5 conceptual areas
- Experiences in imitation, exploration, improvisation and visualization
- Holiday and seasonal activities incorporated into the teaching sequence
- Activities that spark creativity and higher-level thinking skills
- Repertoire rich in folk literature, nursery rhymes and traditional singing games
- Four formal written assessments
- Seating chart template, including space for assessment
- Illustration of all of the charts and visuals used in each lesson
Rhythm Objectives: Demonstrate quarter note/half note pulse, label half note, label half rest, define tempo, experience meter (2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/8) and recognize time signature.
Melody Objectives: Demonstrate contour, demonstrate proper vocal technique, develop a repertoire of songs (folk/seasonal/multicultural/patriotic), experience MRD melodies, identify Do and Re scale tones and hand signals and perform MRD/SMRD/SMD/SMLD.
Harmony Objectives: Develop proper mallet technique, demonstrate ostinato, experience major/minor, experience vocal ostinato, demonstrate simple bordun (broken), experience suspended pitch.
Form Objectives: Demonstrate phrase, identify coda, identify ABC, explore time/space/shape/force in movement and identify bar line/double bar/measure.
Timbre Objectives: Identify forte/piano, identify pitched percussion (xylophone/metallophone/glockenspiel), demonstrate hand drum technique and identify accent.
The corresponding Charts and Visuals are available separately (item 825385). The GAMEBOARD (item 550062) has classroom visuals and is a companion to the GAMEPLAN curriculum.
Children's literature used in GAMEPLAN Grade 2 includes:
- Scary, Scary Halloween (item 835657)
- Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon (item 836126)
- The Star-Spangled Banner (item 835358)
- Swimmy (item 833171)
- These children's picture books are available at a savings in a set (item 840247).
All the musical examples used in this curriculum are listed on page X (10) of the Preface. Individual tracks can be purchased as available on iTunes.
The following recordings, listed on page X (10), are available from West Music:
- Rhythmically Moving CD 1 (Item 850843)
- Rhythmically Moving CD 2 (Item 850844)
- Rhythmically Moving CD 4 (Item 850846)
- Rhythmically Moving CD 7 (Item 850849)
- The complete 9-volume set is available at a savings (item 850842).
Click here for an October, 2019 statement from Jeff Kriske and Randy DeLelles, authors of the GAMEPLAN Curriculum.
Songs and Poems:
- A - F: 2 4 6 8, A Thousand Hungry Savages, All 'Round the Brickyard, America the Beautiful, Bounce High Bounce Low, The Bubble Gum Machine, Charlie Over the Ocean, Christmas Now is Over, Christopher Columbus, Clap Clap Clap Your Hands, The Closet Key, Cut the Cake, Daddy Fishing, Dance for Hanukah, Deck the Hall, Donald Duck, Down in the Valley, Draw a Bucket of Water, The Dreydl Song, Five Little Monkeys, Four Beats After, Friends in the Circus
- G - N: Giddy-up My Burro, Go! Go! Go!, Go 'Round the Mountain, Grandma Grunts, Grandpa's Whiskers, Ha Ha This Away!, Harvest Song, Hello Sir, Hey Mr. Rabbit, Holiday Treats, I Can Keep the Beat, I Hear the Train A-comin', I Like Winter, Irish Stew, It's Mi Re Do, Jelly in the Bowl, Jeremiah, Jinny Go Round, Jockey, Let Us Chase the Squirrel, Mable Mabel, Magic Word Game, M-A-R-C-H, Martin Luther King, Mouse Mouse, Must Be Halloween, My Aunt Came Back, My Song, Naka Naka Hoi!, The Noble Duke of York
- O - Z: Oh I'm Gonna Sing, Opposites, Play in the Snow, Poor Little Kitty Cat, Que Llueva, Riding in a Buggy, Ritsch Ratsch, Sally Down the Alley, Scary Scary Halloween, Sioux Lullaby, Skin and Bones, SoLaMi Game, Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon, The Star Spangled Banner, Swimmy, Tarzan, Taxi Taxi, There Was a Pig Went Out to Dig, Three Little Muffins, Traffic Lights, Trick or Treat, Turkey!, Up on the Housetop, Vacation Fun, Vamos a la Mar, We're Off to the Zoo, Who?, Who's That?, Yes or No?, You're a Grand Old Flag
|Author||Kriske, Jeff DeLelles, Randy|