Hot Jams for Recorder is a wonderful collection of original recorder pieces with guitar and drum accompaniment.
The recorder parts are accessible and appropriate for upper elementary school through adult level players. The guitar chords are standard progressions and are all playable by teachers using basic chords.
The enclosed CD includes all parts. Each piece has Teaching Process Suggestions that provide new insights into teaching recorder, including ideas for directed listening, improvisation, visuals, and movement. Students are given opportunities to explore their own creativity as they develop their musicianship.
Recommended for grades 5 and up, each song is fully reproducible in this superb choice for any classroom.
Contents (Title - recorder notes):
1. Toasted - B, A, G, E
2. Lighthouse Jam - B, A, G, E, D
3. Serene - high C, A, G, E, D, low C
4. Kick Off - B, A, G, E
5. Storm Clouds - B, A, G, E, D
6. Zephyr - high D, high, C, B, A, G, E
7. Samba in the BAG - B, A, G
8. Oh Yeah - B, A, G, E
9. Freeze - high E, high D, B, A, G, E, D
10. Waves - high E, high D, C, B, A, G, E
11. Glide - high D, high C, B, A, G, E, D, C
12. Suspension - high C, B, A, G
13. King - Sop high E. high D. high C. B. A. G. E; Alto E, D, B; Tenor B, A, E
14. Trance - Sop high D, B, A, G, F#, E; Alto E, D, B; Tenor A, G, F#, E
15. From C to Shining E - high E, high D, high C, B, A, G, F, E, D, C (two-part SR)