Music Education and Social Emotional Learning Student Workbook
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
This workbook contains 30 practical and engaging activities for music educators implementing Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum in their classrooms.
Each worksheet corresponds to an exercise detailed in Scott Edgar's Music Education and Social Emotional Learning: The Heart of Teaching Music (item #867091). These activities offer students the opportunity to reflect musically, socially, and emotionally, and enhance individual social-emotional competence and musicianship. These activities are appropriate for musical and SEL assessment purposes.
This workbook is organized into sections based on the three core SEL goals: Self, Others, and Decisions. Each goal is defined, then learning standards and skill sets are listed for each goal. This workbook also includes a series of reflection questions at the end of each section.
Downloadable PDF files of worksheets are available for convenience, along with permission to reproduce them.
- Musical Driver's License
- SEL Goal 1: SELF
- Emotional Word Bank
- Emoji Word Bank
- Practice Journal - Middle School/High School
- Practice Journal - Elementary School
- Emotions in Music
- Music by Emotion
- My Goals & Growth
- What is This Piece Called?
- What is This Piece Called? Storyboard
- Preparation and Performance Anxiety
- The Words Mean Something?
- Emotional Creativity in Your Music
- My Soundtrack
- Take the Temperature
- Goal 1: Reflection Questions
- SEL Goal 2: OTHERS
- Welcome to Our House
- Who's Leading? Who's Following?
- Music for Social Justice
- We're All in This Together: Mission Statement
- At Your Service
- Selflessies Board
- Goal 2: Reflection Questions
- SEL Goal 3: DECISIONS
- So, What's the Problem?
- Brainstorm: Don't Judge Me
- To Err is Human
- Count to 10
- Equal and Opposite Reaction
- Group Decision-Making Guidelines
- Advocacy: Stand Up for Your Rights
- End Scene
- Goal 3: Reflection Questions
- Final Thoughts
- Daily Reminders for Music Teachers
- Illinois Social Emotional Learning Standards - Goal 1
- Illinois Social Emotional Learning Standards - Goal 2
- Illinois Social Emotional Learning Standards - Goal 3
- Color My World
- Teach with Heart