My Recorder Reader 2
Item No. 845252
My Recorder Reader 2 (3rd Edition) 47 Songs in C and F Pentatonics By Isabel McNeill Carley Softcover Book 23 pages For beginning soprano recorder player The collection of folk songs, original melodies and short exercises are all pentatonic and ordered so that the beginning recorder
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
This item has international shipping restrictions. Would you like to continue adding this item to your basket?
My Recorder Reader 2 (3rd Edition)
47 Songs in C and F Pentatonics
By Isabel McNeill Carley
For beginning soprano recorder player
The collection of folk songs, original melodies and short exercises are all pentatonic and ordered so that the beginning recorder player can gain security with each new tone before adding another. It’s a "reader"book with almost no explanations of notation or techniques. C and F major pentatonic and their related minors (a and d) and a few variant pentatonic are used. Tones introduced are G E A C’ C D’ E’ F F’. Simple accompaniments for non-pitched and pitched percussion are sometimes included.
This third edition retains the contents of the second edition with the addition of expanded reference and resource materials.
- Introductory pages
- Author’s Foreword (To Learn a New Song)
- Hand Signs and Instrument Abbreviations
- Reading and Saying Time Names
- Editor’s Note
- Part I – C Pentatonic and its Related Modes
- Begin on G and E
- Cookie, Constantinopl, In and Out
- Add A
- Rove, Conversation
- Add C’
- Tinker Tailo, Name Chan, Church Bell, Jenny Jenkin, Fanfar, Riddle Rondo
- Add D
- Daddy Shot a Bea, Marchin, Evening
- Add C
- Down in the Meado, Barnyard Son, Kansas Boy, Restless Sea, Railroad Bill, Scherz, Tide, Shady Grove, Jim Along Josie
- Add D’
- Hop Up My Ladie, Old Betty Larkin
- Add E’
- The Band, Run Chillen Run, The Swapping Song, Jig, Old Dan Tucker, Stewball
- Part II – F Pentatonic and its Related Modes
- Add F
- Cotton-Eye Joe, As-Tu Vu?, Reuben Ranzo, Old Gray Mare, Sally Buck, A la Claire Fontaine, Il Etait une Bergere, Hold On!, Night Herding Song, Willowbee, The Devil’s Questions, Bonnie Doon, Land of the Silver Birch
- Add F’
- Colorado Trail, Come O’er the Stream Charlie, Kashmir Song
- Fingerings for Recorders in F and C
|Author||McNeill Carley, Isabel|
There are no reviews yet.
Stock availability is updated daily and is subject to change during the day. Please contact the store to confirm availability and have us set aside inventory for you.